The property in brief
Ankerkvartalet comprises five adjoining buildings encircling a shared courtyard. The buildings originate from the reconstruction plan adopted for central Stavanger immediately after WWII in 1945.
The block was built in stages from the late 1950s to the early 1970s. It has a well-sheltered courtyard open to the west, admitting light to all floors of the five buildings.
To obtain larger and more attractive floor areas, spaces have been opened up and merged across the three buildings at Strandkaien 2 and Kongsgårdbakken 1 and 3, which are now defined as Ankerbygget. The buildings making up Ankerkvartalet can thereafter be divided into three self-contained units – Ankerbygget, Romsøegården and Postgården.